Seattle Neuropsychiatric Treatment Center (SeattleNTC) is committed to providing high quality, evidence-based therapies for depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder and related conditions that have not responded to first-line treatments such as medications and psychotherapy.
Our Treatment Approach
- Caring for patients is our passion
- We feel privileged that patients, families and loved ones ask us for help during the most challenging times of their lives
- Patients who seek our care have often suffered for months or years
- We strive to be accessible and can typically schedule an initial consultation within 1-2 weeks
- We use state of the art brain stimulation procedures to help patients get their lives back on track as quickly as possible
- We strive to provide the most personalized and the highest quality of care possible
All patients are seen for one or more initial consultation appointments to:
- Review their psychiatric treatment history
- Gather information from significant others, psychiatrists, therapists and primary care physicians
- Discuss their treatment options in detail
- Collaboratively establish an initial treatment plan
Why Seattle Neuropsychiatric Treatment Center?
- Depression and other psychiatric conditions are often resistant to treatment. One third of depressed patients do not get well even after trying four medications or medication combinations.
- After 2-3 failed medication trials, depressed patients only have a 17% chance of responding to additional medication trials
- The same patients have a 60% chance of responding to TMS
- The same patients have a 60-80% chance of responding to ECT
- Patients frequently suffer through many ineffective medication trials before TMS or ECT is considered